A fringe contender for a place among the midfielders in the Czech Republic's UEFA EURO 2012 squad, Kamil Vacek moved to Italy in the summer of 2011, joining AC Chievo Verona after a productive four-year spell with AC Sparta Praha. He struggled to make an impact in his debut Serie A campaign.
• Born in Eastern Bohemia, he joined SK Sigma Olomouc and came through the club's youth development programme to join the first team in 2005/06.
• Left for a loan spell in Germany with DSC Arminia Bielefeld but made just one appearance in 18 months before returning home to join the Czech Republic's record champions, Sparta.
• Scored his first goal for Sparta in a 2-0 win at FC Zlín on 16 February 2008 and finished second in the title race two seasons running, albeit with the consolation of a Czech Cup success in his debut campaign, before helping Sparta capture their 30th national championship in 2009/10.
• Registered his maiden European goal in a 2009/10 UEFA Champions League qualifier against Panathinaikos FC and accumulated 13 UEFA Europa League appearances, reaching the round of 32 in 2010/11, before leaving for Chievo.
• Won his first cap in a June 2011 friendly against Peru in Japan and made two substitute appearances – against Scotland, away, and Spain, at home – in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.