A combative right-back and long-time servant of KKS Lech Poznań, Grzegorz Wojtkowiak has played in the majority of Poland's warm-up games for UEFA EURO 2012. His only two competitive international appearances came in the autumn of 2008 but he has accumulated some useful international experience at club level with Lech.
• Born in the western Polish border town of Kostrzyn nad Odra, he moved to nearby KS Amica Wronki to launch his professional career during the 2003/04 season, making eight appearances, the first against Górnik Polkowice on 27 March 2004, as the club finished third in the Ekstraklasa.
• Made his European bow the following season in the UEFA Cup second qualifying round against Budapest Honvéd FC but did not feature in the group stage.
• Joined Lech in 2006 as the two clubs merged and scored his first Ekstraklasa goal on 5 April 2008 in a 2-0 win against MKS Odra Wodzisław Śląski.
• Achieved his international breakthrough in September 2008, making his debut for Poland in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against San Marino in Serravalle; went on to help Lech into last 32 of the UEFA Cup, making 12 appearances in the competition under coach Franciszek Smuda.
• Did not play in Lech's 2009 Polish Cup final triumph over Ruch Chorzów but helped the club win the Ekstraklasa title the following season under new coach Jacek Zieliński.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.