Clubs: GAIS Göteborg (twice), Rangers FC, Pescara Calcio, Gençlerbirliği SK
• Born to Turkish parents in Hisingen, an island close to Gothenburg on Sweden’s west coast, he had youth spells at IF Warta and BK Häcken before signing for GAIS in 2007.
• Handed his Allsvenskan debut on 20 July 2008 against GIF Sundsvall, he made eight league appearances in his first season followed by six the next, which yielded his first top-flight goal – on 17 October 2009 in a 2-2 draw at Kalmar FF.
• A Swedish Under-19 international, he became a regular GAIS first-teamer in 2010 but it was in 2011 that he achieved his big breakthrough, helping his club to a fifth-place finish with 14 league goals.
• Scored twice on his debut for Sweden U21s, a 4-1 win against Norway on 2 June 2011, and another on his competitive bow at that level, a 1-0 victory in Lithuania on 1 September.
• Out of contract at GAIS at the end of 2011, he joined Rangers on a three-and-a-half-year deal but asked to be released from his contract shortly after the Glasgow club went into administration.
• Returned to GAIS for eight months before a switch to Italy with Pescara where he scored four times in 23 appearances.
• Moved to Turkey with Gençlerbirliği, scoring six times in 20 showings in his first campaign in the 2013/14 season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.