An unused squad member for Denmark during their last two major tournament appearances, in 2004 and 2010, former Brøndby IF goalkeeper Stephan Andersen is expected to make the trip to Poland and Ukraine with Denmark for UEFA EURO 2012 having re-established his credentials in Ligue 1 with Évian Thonon Gaillard FC.
• A native of Copenhagen, he was on the books of Brøndby as a youth but made the first steps of his senior career in the Danish second division with Hvidovre IF.
• Joined top-flight Akademisk Boldklubb in August 2002 and made 62 Superligaen appearances for the Copenhagen outfit but left after their relegation in 2004 to join English Premier League team Charlton Athletic FC (alongside compatriot Dennis Rommedahl).
• Arrived in London as a Danish international, having made his debut as a half-time substitute in a March 2004 friendly against Spain in Gijon and travelled to Portugal as a member of the UEFA EURO 2004 squad.
• Made just 17 league appearances for Charlton in two and a half seasons, during which he was no longer considered for national team duty; returned home to join Brøndby in January 2007 and established himself as their No1 keeper, winning the Danish Cup at the end of his first full season (3-2 against Esbjerg fB in the final).
• Made 137 Superligaen outings and 20 in Europe for Brøndby before leaving for France in August 2011, his consistent form earning him an international recall and three 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying starts, including both games against Portugal.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.