An attacking midfielder or support striker who has spent the whole of his professional career in the Netherlands, Lasse Schøne created a stir when he scored a minute into his international debut. A firm favourite at Eredivisie outfit NEC Nijmegen, he will join AFC Ajax for the 2012/13 season.
• Left Denmark for the Netherlands at 16 to join sc Heerenveen's youth academy but was unable to break into the first team and departed for De Graafschap.
• Helped the Doetinchem club win the Eerste Divisie in his first term and was an ever-present in the following season's Eredivisie campaign, in which he scored seven goals.
• Left for NEC in 2008 and made an immediate impact, both in the league and the UEFA Cup, scoring a vital goal at FC Spartak Moskva in the latter to help take the Nijmegen club through to the knockout phase.
• Handed his first cap, in a friendly against Chile on 12 August 2009, he came on after 62 minutes and scored 60 seconds later; suffered a serious knee injury in training a month later which sidelined for the rest of the season.
• Bounced back brilliantly in 2010/11, starting all 34 Eredivisie games for NEC and scoring seven goals; also returned to international action and registered 15 minutes into his competitive debut to help Denmark to a 2-0 win in Iceland in a June 2011 UEFA European Championship qualifier.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.