An FC Dynamo Kyiv mainstay since 2003, Oleh Gusev has also been a regular Ukrainian international during his time at the club, featuring prominently in his country's run to the 2006 FIFA World Cup quarter-finals. A right-winger by trade, he can also operate as a full-back or midfielder and is often involved at set pieces.
• Gusev came to prominence with FC Arsenal Kyiv during the 2002/03 season and signed for Dynamo at the end of it.
• Scored ten goals in all competitions in an outstanding debut campaign for Dynamo, during which he won his first caps for Ukraine and became a regular in Oleh Blokhin's side.
• Started 11 of 12 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers and all five at the finals in Germany, where he scored the decisive penalty in the shoot-out victory over Switzerland that put his country into the quarter-finals.
• Scored Dynamo's winning goal in the 2007 Ukrainian Cup final against FC Shakhtar Donetsk to capture the trophy for third year running and complete a domestic double; claimed a third Premier League title in 2008/09 but missed most of the campaign with a knee injury.
• Took his number of UEFA club competition appearances beyond the half-century mark during the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League campaign and scored in three successive knockout matches – two against Beşiktaş JK, one against Manchester City FC – to help his team into the quarter-finals.
• Played four times in the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League with Dynamo, and helped the club to a second place finish in the Ukrainian league.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.