Clubs: FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, SC Tavriya Simferopol, FC Chornomorets Odesa
• Left home-town club FC Zirka Kirovohrad for Dnipro at 17 and made his top-flight debut during the 1999/2000 season, scoring two goals in 18 appearances.
• Trod water for a couple of years until his breakthrough season in 2003/04, when he helped Dnipro finish third in the Ukrainian Premier League and was given his first international caps; he also helped Dnipro reach the third round of the UEFA Cup.
• Missed only a handful of matches for Dnipro over the next five seasons, performing regularly in domestic and European competition and finding the net with impressive regularity; registered a personal-best tally of ten league goals in 2006/07.
• An unused squad member at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, he established himself in the team during the UEFA EURO 2008 and 2010 World Cup qualifying campaigns, scoring five goals in the latter – four against Kazakhstan and the winner, in his home stadium, the Dnipro Arena, against England, condemning Fabio Capello to his first competitive defeat as a national team coach.
• Played over 250 league games for Dnipro – but won no major trophies with the club – before his 2011 switch to Tavriya, for whom he scored on his debut.
• Appeared in all three of Ukraine's UEFA EURO 2012 games on home soil as they were knocked out at the group stage; spent three seasons at Tavriya before moving to Chornomorets Odesa in 2014.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.