Clubs: SK Slavia Praha, FC Spartak Moskva, FC Basel 1893
• Born in Prague, he joined SK Slavia Praha at an early age and was a regular first-team player before his 18th birthday, making his European debut in a 2005/06 UEFA Champions League qualifier against RSC Anderlecht and starting eight UEFA Cup games that season.
• Ended his second campaign with Slavia by playing a leading role for his country at the U-20 World Cup in Canada, starting all seven matches as the Czech Republic finished runners-up to Argentina.
• Won back-to-back Czech 1. Liga titles with Slavia in 2007/08 and 2008/09 and was an ever-present in the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• Left for Spartak on loan in early 2010 with over 100 1. Liga appearances under his belt and adapted well to life in the Russian capital, making a further six outings in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League group stage and helping Spartak claim the runners-up spot in a marathon, transitional 2011/12 Premier-Liga campaign.
• Started all five games for the Czech Republic at the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Denmark having won his first senior cap eight months earlier in a EURO qualifier at home to Scotland; helped the Czech senior side to clean sheets in each of his first three internationals.
• Selected for the UEFA EURO 2012 squad but did not appear as the Czechs made it to the quarter-finals.
• Loaned to Basel in January 2014 for the remainder of the season, and the Swiss club made the deal permanent ahead of the 2014/15 season.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.