A progressive right-back instantly recognisable by his shock of blond hair, František Rajtoral has been a key contributor to FC Viktoria Plzeň's recent rise to prominence. Having made his senior international debut in February 2012, he was selected for the Czech Republic's UEFA EURO 2012 squad ahead of the more experienced Zdeněk Pospěch.
• Started out with local club FK Marila Příbram, making his debut as an 18-year-old in 2004/05.
• After just one season with Příbram he joined FC Baník Ostrava, where he would remain for the next four years, amassing exactly 100 top-flight appearances and scoring 12 goals; also made his European debut against sc Heerenveen in the first round of the 2005/06 UEFA Cup.
• A youth international at Under-18 and U19 level, he was a member of the Czech Republic squad at the 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Belgium, where he appeared in all three games.
• Joined Plzeň in 2009 and won the Czech Cup at the end of his debut campaign; followed that up with the league title, starting 27 of 30 matches and scoring three goals.
• An ever-present in Plzeň's lengthy 2011/12 European adventure, making 14 appearances in total, including all six in the UEFA Champions League group stage, he won his first senior cap as a second-half substitute in a February 2012 friendly against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin (1-1).
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.