Clubs: Brøndby IF (twice), AJ Auxerre, VfL Wolfsburg, Évian Thonon Gaillard FC (loan)
Back in favour with Morten Olsen after a lengthy absence from the Danish national team, Thomas Kahlenberg will appear in his third major tournament at UEFA EURO 2012. A clever, experienced midfield playmaker with an eye for goal, he has enjoyed a productive spell on loan with French club Évian Thonon Gaillard FC.
• Born in Hvidovre, he joined Brøndby IF in his mid-teens and became a regular for the Superligaen club in 2002/03 under coach Michael Laudrup, winning the Danish Cup at the end of that campaign with a 3-0 win against FC Midtjylland in the final.
• Finished as Brøndby's top league scorer in 2003/04 (11 goals) and 2004/05 (13), winning the league title and a second Danish Cup in the latter campaign.
• First capped at senior international level in a friendly against Ukraine in April 2003, he did not become a regular in Olsen's side until the 2006/07 season, by which stage he had established himself as a star of France's Ligue 1 with AJ Auxerre; appeared in all 12 of Denmark's UEFA EURO 2008 qualifiers.
• Made 130 Ligue 1 appearances for Auxerre, scoring 19 goals, before leaving in 2009 to join German champions VfL Wolfsburg; suffered a serious injury shortly after his arrival and struggled to make an impact, eventually reviving his career in 2012 after a return to France with Évian.
• Scored a momentous winning goal against Sweden in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier and played in all three games at the finals in South Africa, but made just one appearance en route to UEFA EURO 2012 – the opening fixture versus Iceland, in which he struck the only goal.
• After a lengthy absence from the Danish national team returned to Morten Olsen's squad for the finals of UEFA EURO 2012 but did not make an appearance at the showpiece.
• Spent a season on the bench at Wolfsburg after returning from loan before moving back to first club Brøndby.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.