Clubs: IFK Göteborg, FK Austria Wien, Panathinaikos FC, FC København, Bologna FC
• Joined IFK Göteborg as a 16-year-old but had to wait another three years before making his senior debut and was not a regular in the first team until the 2003 campaign, when he made 23 Allsvenskan starts.
• Won his first cap for Sweden in a January 2004 friendly against Norway in Hong Kong but had to wait until October 2006 for his first competitive outing – a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Iceland; for his next cap there would be an even longer wait, until March 2011 and a UEFA European Championship qualifier against Moldova.
• Joined FK Austria Wien in 2004 and helped the club to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup in his first season, starting all ten group and knockout fixtures; also won the Austrian Cup twice, the second time as part of a domestic double although he made only 12 Bundesliga appearances in that 2005/06 season and did not play in either cup final.
• Had one season at Panathinaikos FC before pursuing his career at FC København and playing a pivotal role in the club's Superligaen successes of 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11; also won the 2009 Danish Cup, appearing for the full 90 minutes of the final, and started all eight games in their 2010/11 UEFA Champions League campaign.
• Joined Bologna on a free transfer and made 24 Serie A appearances to help the club finish ninth in the final standings to earn an unexpected call-up to Sweden's squad for UEFA EURO 2012, though failed to make an appearance at the finals.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.