Clubs: Mjällby AIF, Stabæk Fotball, RSC Anderlecht, FC Nantes, AS Roma (loan), Bolton Wanderers FC (loan), RC Deportivo La Coruña (loan), Al-Hilal FC, Al-Ahli SC (loan), Los Angeles Galaxy, Baniyas SC
• Left Sweden for Norway at 20, joining Stabæk Fotball from Mjällby AIF, and spent the next four seasons in the top flight, always finishing between third and fifth place; he played in the 2002/03 UEFA Cup against RSC Anderlecht and scored the second leg on home soil.
• Duly joined Anderlecht in 2003 and proved a popular acquisition, winning two Eerste Klasse titles in three seasons and competing in three straight UEFA Champions League campaigns, scoring goals against SV Werder Bremen and Valencia CF.
• First capped by Sweden in January 2001, he made one start and three substitute appearances at UEFA EURO 2004, scoring in the penalty shoot-out against the Netherlands; four games at the 2006 FIFA World Cup were followed by a solitary appearance – against Greece – at UEFA EURO 2008.
• Joined FC Nantes in 2006 but stayed for just half a season, spending the next 18 months on loan to three clubs – AS Roma, Bolton Wanderers FC and RC Deportivo La Coruña.
• Ended an unsettled spell in Europe by joining Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal FC, where he became a prominent figure, scoring freely in three seasons before a less successful loan spell at Qatari club Al-Ahli SC in 2011/12.
• Went to a fourth major tourament with Sweden at UEFA EURO 2012, appearing off the bench during all three group games.
• Moved to the USA with Los Angeles Galaxy in August 2012, before a switch to the United Arab Emirates in January 2013 with Baniyas.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.