Clubs: sc Heerenveen, PSV Eindhoven
• Born in Amsterdam of Surinamese ancestry, he joined the renowned AFC Ajax academy, following the footsteps of his elder brother Furdjel.
• Rejected by Ajax, he left for Heerenveen in 2008, making his Eredivisie debut as a substitute in October that year but seeing more action with the Dutch Under-19 team over the next two seasons.
• Made his Eredivisie breakthrough in 2010/11, scoring five goals in 24 matches, the first of them in a 6-2 home win against champions FC Twente on 12 December 2010.
• Made his U21 debut for the Netherlands in March 2010 and was called up to the senior squad for the first time in February 2012 before making his first appearance – and scoring – in an unofficial friendly against FC Bayern München on 22 May; four days later he was confirmed in the UEFA EURO 2012 squad.
• Earned his elevation thanks to a dynamic 2011/12 season, where his tally of eight goals and 22 assists was the best in the league, many of them setting up goals for the Eredivisie's top scorer, Bas Dost.
• Transferred to PSV in the summer of 2012, scoring six times in the Eredivisie during his debut campaign for the club, helping them to a second-placed finish.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.