Clubs: FC Moskva, PFC CSKA Moskva
• Born and raised in Moscow, he joined FC Moskva in his teens and was handed his league debut on 3 August 2005 by newly-installed coach Leonid Slutski against local rivals CSKA.
• Despite representing the Russian Under-21 side, he started just six league matches in each of his first three seasons before making his European debut in the summer of 2008 in a UEFA Cup qualifying tie at Legia Warszawa.
• Came to prominence at right-back in the 2009 domestic campaign under Montenegrin coach Miodrag Božović, starting 28 of the 30 league games to help Moskva finish sixth.
• Rejoined Slutski at CSKA in December 2009 and participated in the UEFA Europa League round of 16 in his first season; 12 months later he was in the CSKA side that reached the same stage of the UEFA Champions League.
• Helped CSKA finish third in 2011/12 Premier-Liga, making 34 appearances, all but one of them in the starting XI.
• Called up by Russia for the first time when he was named as a late addition to the country's UEFA EURO 2012 squad, makin ghis debut in a 3-0 warm-up win against Italy. However, did not make an appearance at the finals as the side exited at the group stage.
• Less of a regular presence in the CSKA side during the 2012/13 season but still collected a domestic league and cup double.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.