An attacking midfielder who enjoyed a highly productive first full season with Legia Warszawa in 2011/12, Rafał Wolski will, at 19, be one of the youngest players on view at UEFA EURO 2012. He was uncapped at senior international level when Poland coach Franciszek Smuda called him up for the tournament.
• Joined Legia's youth sector as a 16-year-old and made good progress in the club's reserve team before joining the senior squad during the 2010/11 season.
• Made his Ekstraklasa debut on 6 March 2011 when he came on in added time of Legia's 1-0 win against city rivals KSP Polonia Warszawa.
• Made only four substitute appearances in 2010/11 but became a regular first-teamer the following term, making 21 Ekstraklasa appearances (14 from the start) and scoring six goals.
• Made six substitute outings in Legia's run to 2011/12 UEFA Europa League round of 32 and came off the bench in the Polish Cup final as Legia retained the trophy with a 3-0 defeat of Ruch Chorzów.
• A surprise inclusion in Poland's provisional UEFA EURO 2012 squad, he made his debut against Latvia on 22 May 2012 and was confirmed in the final 23-man party five days later.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.