Clubs: Ruch Chorzów, KSP Polonia Warszawa, Hannover 96
• Joined Ruch's youth department at 16 and made rapid progress, reaching the first team at 18 and making his Ekstraklasa debut on 10 August 2008 as a late substitute against Górnik Zabrze.
• Scored the first of his two 2008/09 Ekstraklasa goals on 12 September against MKS Cracovia Kraków; ended that season playing in the Polish Cup final, which Ruch lost 1-0 to KKS Lech Poznań.
• Scored ten league goals in 2009/10 to finish fourth in the Ekstraklasa hit parade (Robert Lewandowski, of Lech, was top with 18).
• Made his international debut at the end of that season, making substitute appearances in friendlies against Finland, Serbia and Spain; subsequently transferred to Polonia Warszawa for €1m – the largest fee paid by one Polish club to another.
• Struck nine goals for Polonia in 2010/11 but left after just one campaign for Hannover, where he was used predominantly as a substitute, the season's highlight being goals in successive UEFA Europa League fixtures against FC Vorskla Poltava and Club Brugge KV; his only Bundesliga strike came on 11 February 2012 against 1. FSV Mainz 05.
• Made the Poland squad for UEFA EURO 2012 on home soil but failed to make an appearance, but enjoyed an improved season with Hannover in 2012/13, striking five times in 25 Bundesliga outings as well as three in the UEFA Europa League, including qualifying, as the side made it to the round of 32.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.