LOSC Lille play host to FC København needing to improve on their recent home fortunes if they are to overturn a one-goal deficit and return to the UEFA Champions League group stage.
• César Santin scored the only goal of the first leg in Copenhagen, and København goalkeeper Johan Wiland saved a Dimitri Payet penalty.
• LOSC have not won in their last four home European games (a defeat and three draws), a run which includes last season's UEFA Champions League group stage and a 2-2 draw at home to PSV Eindhoven in the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League round of 32. Their last home success was a 3-0 defeat of KAA Gent in December 2010.
• København, meanwhile, are unbeaten in three European away games (a win and two draws) since a 3-0 reverse at R. Standard de Liège on matchday two of last season's UEFA Europa League.
• Under Ariël Jacobs, København are looking to secure a third UEFA Champions League group stage campaign, having come through the play-offs in 2006/07 and 2010/11. Their record in qualifying is not the best given they have had six other failed attempts since 2001, but they can draw confidence from a 3-2 aggregate victory over Club Brugge KV in this season's third qualifying round.
• Third in Ligue 1 in 2011/12, LOSC have reached the group stage through qualifying in both of their previous attempts (in 2001/02 and 2006/07) and are seeking a fifth UEFA Champions League participation since their first appearance in 2001/02.
• The first-leg success was just FCK's second in their last six European fixtures at their Parken home. The Danish side have won just two of their eight games against French clubs, their overall record reading W2 D1 L5 (W0 D1 L2 in France).
• The last time FCK coach Jacobs faced a French team in the UEFA Champions League play-offs, his RSC Anderlecht side lost 8-2 on aggregate to Olympique Lyonnais in 2009/10. On a brighter note, he earlier oversaw Anderlecht's 3-2 aggregate win against FC Girondins de Bordeaux in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup round of 32.
• LOSC's Payet scored the third AS Saint-Étienne goal in a 3-1 win at FCK in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup group stage, with Santin on target for the hosts. Payet also scored twice for France Under-21s in a 3-1 friendly win against Denmark in Le Mans in 2007.
• LOSC's Salomon Kalou featured for Chelsea FC in a 2-0 win at FCK in the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League round of 16, and Laurent Bonnart has also tasted victory at Parken, having appeared for Marseille in both of their 3-1 successes over FCK in the 2009/10 UEFA Cup.
• Kalou was an unused substitute when his Chelsea side won the 2008/09 English FA Cup final against an Everton FC side featuring FCK's Lars Jacobsen.
• Jacobsen came off the bench when Denmark lost 2-0 to France in Lens in May 2006.
• FCK's Thomas Kristensen came up against LOSC's David Rozehnal in Denmark's 1-1 friendly draw with the Czech Republic in Herning in March 2008.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.