UEFA Champions League statistics
• Nordsjælland are one of three clubs making their debut in the group stage this season, along with Montpellier Hérault SC and Málaga CF.
• None of the Nordsjælland squad had played in the UEFA Champions League before this season.
• The Danish club collected five yellow cards in their first game, the joint highest total in the competition along with FC Spartak Moskva.
Morten Nordstrand (FC København)
Thomas Villadsen (FC Ceahlăul Piatra Neamţ)
Anders Christiansen (Lyngby BK)
Kamal Issah (Stade Rennais FC)
Joshua John (FC Twente, loan)
Andreas Granskov (R. Mouscron-Péruwelz)
Andreas Bjelland (FC Twente)
Rune Pedersen (Akademisk Boldklub)
Tobias Mikkelsen (SpVgg Greuther Fürth)
Nichlas Rohde (Breidablik)
Jacob Egeris (Viborg FF)
• Nordsjælland are 12 home games unbeaten, since a 2-1 reverse by Brøndby IF on 18 March.
• Joshua John has scored eight goals in as many games since joining Nordsjælland on loan from Twente.
• Kasper Hjulmand's team are six points adrift of leaders København; at this stage last season the deficit was ten.
• Nordsjælland needed extra time to see off third tier Svebølle B&I in the Danish Cup third round on 25 September, Kasper Lorentzen and Christiansen scoring in the second additional period to seal a 3-1 win.
• Mark Gundelach, Andreas Laudrup and Christiansen are likely to be in the Denmark squad that face Spain in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs, with the first leg in Burgos next Thursday.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Chelsea became the fifth successive UEFA Champions League holders to draw their opening game of the following season on matchday one. The previous four all then recorded wins, scoring a combined 14 unanswered goals in the process.
• On matchday one Oscar became the first player to score twice on his UEFA Champions League debut for Chelsea, and the first man to hit two against Juventus in the competition since Galatasaray AŞ's Hakan Şükür in 2003.
• Before matchday one, Chelsea had only once before let slip a two-goal lead in the UEFA Champions League, against AS Monaco FC in the 2004 semi-final.
• Chelsea have conceded 99 goals in the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final.
• The Blues won all six of their UEFA Champions League home games last season, scoring 17 goals and conceding two in the process.
• John Terry is available after serving a two-match suspension following his red card in last season's semi-final second leg at FC Barcelona.
Eden Hazard (LOSC Lille)
Marko Marin (SV Werder Bremen)
Oscar (SC Internacional)
César Azpilicueta (Olympique de Marseille)
Victor Moses (Wigan Athletic FC)
Didier Drogba (Shanghai Shenhua FC)
Salomon Kalou (LOSC Lille)
José Bosingwa (Queens Park Rangers FC)
Raul Meireles (Fenerbahçe SK)
Thibaut Courtois (Club Atlético de Madrid, loan)
Kevin De Bruyne (SV Werder Bremen, loan)
Romelu Lukaku (West Bromwich Albion FC, loan)
Josh McEachran (Middlesbrough FC, loan)
Yossi Benayoun (West Ham United FC, loan)
Gael Kakuta (Vitesse, loan)
• Ashley Cole's first goal in 126 appearances for club and country, since May 2010, earned Chelsea a 1-0 win against Stoke City FC on 22 September.
• Oriol Romeu is likely to be in the Spain squad that face Denmark in this month's UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs, with the first leg in Burgos next Thursday.
• Ryan Bertrand, who won his first cap in August's friendly against Italy, made his competitive debut for England in a 1-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying draw with Ukraine on 11 September. He signed a new five-year deal in September.
• Fernando Torres won his 100th cap for Spain on 7 September in a 5-0 friendly win against Saudi Arabia.
• Chelsea suffered a record one-off UEFA Super Cup loss on 31 August, 4-1 against Atlético.
• FA Cup holders Chelsea lost 3-2 to Premier League champions Manchester City FC in the FA Community Shield on 12 August.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.