UEFA Champions League statistics
• Spartak collected five yellow cards in the first match, the joint highest total along with FC Nordsjælland.
• Demy de Zeeuw served a one-game ban on matchday one following his red card in the play-off second leg against Fenerbahçe SK.
Kim Källström (Olympique Lyonnais)
Juan Insaurralde (CA Boca Juniors)
Romulo (CR Vasco da Gama)
Ilya Kutepov (FK Akademiya Tolyatti)
José Manuel Jurado (FC Schalke 04, loan)
Marcos Rojo (Sporting Clube de Portugal)
Aleksandr Sheshukov (FC Rostov)
Aleksandr Prudnikov (FC Kuban Krasnodar)
Nikolai Zabolotni (FC Rostov, loan)
Aleksandr Zotov (FC Tom Tomsk, loan)
• Romulo will miss the UEFA Champions League group stage after being ruled out for at least six months with a torn anterior cruciate knee ligament sustained during the 3-1 win against FC Rostov on 23 September.
• José Manuel Jurado sustained a muscle injury during the same game and was subsequently made unavailable for around three weeks.
• Dmitri Kombarov made his competitive international debut in Russia's 2-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying win against Northern Ireland on 7 September.
• New signings Romulo and Insaurralde both scored on their Spartak debuts, against FC Rubin Kazan and FC Terek Grozny respectively.
• This season Spartak won their first three league games for only the fourth time. On the previous three occasions, in 1994, 1997 and 1999, they went on to win the title.
• Sergei Parshivlyuk and Soslan Gatagov are expected to be out until the new year after suffering knee ligament injuries during the summer.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Fraser Forster, Charlie Mulgrew and Scott Brown have each played all 450 minutes of Celtic's campaign, qualifying included.
• Ten of the side that started the 0-0 draw with SL Benfica on matchday one were making their group stage debuts, with Brown the sole exception.
• Since Celtic's first group stage campaign in 2001/02, they have lost 19 of 20 matches on the road – the one exception a 1-1 draw at FC Barcelona in November 2004.
• Brown committed six fouls in the first match, more than any other player.
Fraser Forster (Newcastle United FC)
Efe Ambrose (FC Ashdod)
Lassad Nouioui (free agent)
Nicolás Fedor (Getafe CF, loan)
Luboš Kamenár (FC Nantes, loan)*
*not in UEFA Champions League squad
Ki Sung-Yueng (Swansea City AFC)
Mark Wilson (Bristol City FC)
Mohamed Bangura (AIK Solna, loan)
Andre Blackman (Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, loan)
Greig Spence (Raith Rovers FC, loan)
James Keatings (Hamilton Academical FC, loan)
Glenn Loovens (Real Zaragoza)
Niall McGinn (Aberdeen FC)
Morten Rasmussen (FC Midtjylland)
Daryl Murphy (Ipswich Town FC)
Cha Du-Ri (Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895)
Efraín Juárez (CF América)
Darren O'Dea (Toronto FC)
Richard Towell (released)
Dominic Cervi (released)
• Gary Hooper has scored six goals in three games since matchday one, including all four as Neil Lennon's side advanced to the Scottish League Cup quarter-finals with a 4-1 victory against Raith Rovers FC on 25 September.
• Brown has missed penalties in his last two games, the latest coming in Saturday's 2-0 win at Motherwell FC.
• Eight points from their opening five fixtures represented Celtic's worst start to a league season since 1998/99.
• Thomas Rogne is likely to be on duty as Norway face France in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs. The first leg is in Le Havre on 12 October, with the return four days later.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.