UEFA Champions League statistics
• Marco Reus's goal against Manchester City FC on matchday two was his first in UEFA club competition.
• Robert Lewandowski had seven shots wide in the first two matches, more than any other player.
• There were eight Dortmund players on senior international duty last week: Mario Götze, Reus, Marcel Schmelzer (Germany), Neven Subotić (Serbia), Lewandowski, Łukasz Piszczek (Poland), Ivan Perišić (Croatia) and Mitchell Langerak (Australia).
• Reus scored twice in Germany's 6-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying win against the Republic of Ireland on 12 October.
• Jakub Błaszczykowski (ankle) and Mats Hummels (back, foot) missed international duty with injuries.
• Moritz Leitner featured in Germany's 1-1 draw against Switzerland in the first leg of the UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs on 12 October, sitting out the 3-1 second-leg triumph that earned a finals spot.
• Błaszczykowski was ruled out for six weeks after tearing ankle ligaments in the 1-1 draw with Hannover 96 on 7 October.
• Dortmund's 31-match unbeaten run in the Bundesliga, dating back a year and four days to a 2-1 defeat by Hannover, ended when they lost 3-2 at Hamburger SV on 22 September.
• Three days later Jürgen Klopp's side squandered a two-goal lead as they drew 3-3 with Eintracht Frankfurt. It was the first time since February 2010 Dortmund have conceded three in back-to-back games.
• Dortmund will travel to second-tier VfR Aalen in the German Cup second round on 30 October.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• This is Madrid's 350th European Cup game. They have conceded 197 goals in the UEFA Champions League, 495 in all UEFA matches.
• José Mourinho's side have scored seven group stage goals; more than any other club this season. Madrid have also had more shots on goal (33) and wide (19) than any other team.
• Cristiano Ronaldo has had 14 attempts on target and scored four goals, both more than any other player.
• Fifteen Madrid players were on senior international duty last week: Álvaro Arbeloa, Raúl Albiol, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso (Spain), Karim Benzema (France), Marcelo, Kaká (Brazil), Mesut Özil, Sami Khedira (Germany), Pepe, Ronaldo (Portugal), Ángel Di María, Gonzalo Higuaín (Argentina) and Luka Modrić (Croatia).
• Ramos struck his seventh goal for Spain in the 1-1 draw with France in FIFA World Cup qualifying on 16 October.
• Özil registered in Germany's 6-1 win in the Republic of Ireland on 12 October and the 4-4 draw at home to Sweden four days later.
• Kaká was on target in Brazil's international friendly wins against Iraq (6-0) and Japan (4-0).
• Ronaldo won his 100th cap in Portugal's 1-1 draw at home to Northern Ireland on 16 October.
• Higuaín struck Argentina's second in their 2-1 qualifying victory against Chile.
• A first-leg winner from Raphaël Varane did not prevent France from losing out to Norway, 5-4 on aggregate, in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-offs.
• Marcelo is likely to miss the rest of the group stage after breaking a metatarsal in training with Brazil on 13 October.
• Liga champions with a record 100 points and 121 goals last term, Madrid endured their worst start to a campaign for 11 years when they lost two and drew one of their first four games.
• Madrid beat FC Barcelona on away goals in the Spanish Super Cup, losing 3-2 away and winning 2-1 at home.
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.