UEFA Champions League statistics
• United have won 100 games in the UEFA Champions League, group stage to final.
• This is United's 17th successive UEFA Champions League group stage campaign.
• Ryan Giggs has scored in a record 16 different UEFA Champions League seasons. He is also the competition's oldest scorer, at 37 years and 289 days.
• There were 15 players on senior international duty last week: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck (England), Ángelo Henríquez (Chile), Antonio Valencia (Colombia), Patrice Evra (France), Shinji Kagawa (Japan), Javier Hernández (Mexico), Robin van Persie (Netherlands), Jonny Evans (Northern Ireland), Joshua King (Norway), Nani (Portugal), Robbie Brady (Republic of Ireland) and Darren Fletcher (Scotland).
• King scored his first international goal in Norway's 3-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying win in Cyprus on 16 October.
• Van Persie was on the mark the same night, helping the Netherlands to a 4-1 victory over Romania.
• Hernández scored in Mexico's victories against Guyana (5-0) and El Salvador (2-0) as they advanced to the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.
• Captain Rooney and Welbeck both struck twice as England beat San Marino 5-0 in World Cup qualifying. Rooney also found the net in the 1-1 draw in Poland five days later – a game delayed 24 hours after torrential rain – and now sits fifth among England's all-time leading scorers with 32 goals.
• Fletcher captained Scotland in a 2-1 defeat by Wales on 12 October after nearly a year away from the international scene because of health reasons.
• David de Gea played both legs as Spain beat Denmark 8-1 on aggregate in their UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off to book a place in next summer's finals.
• Rooney and Welbeck both struck their first goals of the season for United in Saturday's 4-2 victory over Stoke City FC. Rooney also put through his own net for the first time in his career.
• United lost 3-2 to Tottenham Hotspur FC on 29 September, their first home league defeat of 2012.
• Sir Alex Ferguson's side will travel to Chelsea FC in the League Cup fourth round on 31 October.
• Nemanja Vidić will be unavailable until the end of November because of a knee injury.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Braga lost 2-0 to CFR 1907 Cluj on matchday one despite having 35 shots, 23 on target – more than any other side. They scored twice from nine attempts (six on target) at Galatasaray AŞ last time out.
• There were eight Braga players on senior international duty last week: Beto, Custódio, Rúben Micael, Ruben Amorim, Éder (Portugal), Zé Luís (Cape Verde Islands), Elderson (Nigeria) and Djamal (Libya).
• Zé Luís helped the Cape Verde Islands qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time, a 2-1 defeat by Cameroon on 14 October enough to wrap up a 3-2 aggregate win.
• Elderson was involved as Nigeria booked their place at next year's final tournament in South Africa, a 6-1 win against Liberia on 13 October completing an 8-3 overall victory.
• Braga needed extra time to see off second-tier Leixões SC in the Portuguese Cup third round on Friday.
• Braga beat Vitória SC 2-0 on 28 September; their first derby victory in Guimaraes in seven years.
• Braga came from 4-2 down with eight minutes remaining to draw 4-4 with SC Olhanense on 7 October.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.