UEFA Champions League statistics
• In the 2-2 draw at FC Schalke 04 on matchday four, Arsenal surrendered a two-goal lead in the UEFA Champions League for only the second time.
• The 2-0 loss to Schalke on matchday three was Arsenal's first in the group stage at home since September 2003.
• Vito Mannone, Thomas Vermaelen, Mikel Arteta and Santi Cazorla have played every minute of Arsenal's group stage campaign.
• Eight Arsenal players were on senior duty during the recent international break: Carl Jenkinson, Jack Wilshere (England), Olivier Giroud, Laurent Koscielny (France), Johan Djourou (Switzerland), Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker (Germany) and Cazorla (Spain).
• Debutant Jenkinson and Wilshere were second-half substitutes in England's 4-2 friendly defeat by Sweden on 14 November. Jenkinson became the 28th full international currently on Arsenal's books – a club record.
• Giroud and Koscielny (2-1 v Italy), Djourou (2-1 v Tunisia) and Podolski and Mertesacker (0-0 v Netherlands) were all in action on the same night. Cazorla was an unused substitute as Spain won 5-1 in Panama.
• Mertesacker's first goal for Arsenal helped them to a 5-2 derby victory over Tottenham Hotspur FC on Saturday. Their former striker Emmanuel Adebayor was sent off on 18 minutes, eight minutes after making it 1-0. Wojciech Szczęsny started after two months out with an ankle injury.
• Giroud has scored five goals in his last five appearances for Arsenal, having mustered two in his first 13.
• Arsenal conceded six goals in their opening nine matches but have let in 18 in their last nine games.
• Arsenal squandered a two-goal lead for the second time in four days on 10 November, drawing 3-3 with Fulham FC.
• Wilshere (ankle, out since July 2011) and Bacary Sagna (broken leg, 5 May) returned to action in Arsenal's 1-0 home triumph against Queens Park Rangers FC on 27 October.
• Łukasz Fabiański will miss the rest of the group stage with an ankle injury sustained in training on 16 October.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Montpellier made their European Cup bow on matchday one. They are one of three clubs making their debut in the group stage this season, along with Málaga CF and FC Nordsjælland.
• Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is the only player to have featured in every minute of Montpellier's group stage campaign.
• Souleymane Camara serves a one-game ban having collected his third group stage yellow card on matchday four.
• Four Montpellier players reported for senior international duty last week: Henri Bedimo (Cameroon), Younes Belhanda (Morocco), Jamel Saihi (Tunisia) and Yanga-Mbiwa (France).
• Bedimo (0-0 v Albania), Belhanda (0-1 v Togo) and Saihi (1-2 v Switzerland) featured in friendlies on 14 November. Yanga-Mbiwa was an unused substitute in Parma as France overcame Italy 2-1.
• Saihi and Belhanda helped their sides seal places in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations last month.
• Montpellier have scored in each of their last 15 games, but won just four in that time.
• Yanga-Mbiwa signed a two-year contract extension last week, tying himself to the club until June 2015.
• The French champions have dropped 12 points in Ligue 1 at the Stade de la Mosson this term, five more than in the whole of 2011/12.
• Karim Aït-Fana was ruled out for six months after injuring his right knee in training on 11 October.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.