UEFA Champions League statistics
• Luisão is available for the first time this group stage. He was banned until 14 November following an incident involving the referee in an August friendly against Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895.
• Nemanja Matić returns after serving a one-game ban on matchday four; Bruno César will incur a suspension with his next booking.
• This is Benfica's third successive group stage campaign, equalling a club record set between 2005 and 2007.
• Artur, Ezequiel Garay, Jardel, Eduardo Salvio and Melgarejo have played every minute of Benfica's group campaign.
• Salvio played the first half of Argentina's 0-0 friendly draw in Saudi Arabia last Wednesday, with Melgarejo making his debut for Paraguay that same evening as they defeated Guatemala 3-1.
• Rodrigo opened the scoring for Spain Under-21s in their 3-1 friendly victory against Italy on 13 November, a day before Luís Martins captained Portugal U21s to a 3-2 triumph over Scotland.
• Jorge Jesus' team beat Moreirense FC – Sporting Clube de Portugal's conquerors the previous round – 2-0 in the last 32 of the Portuguese Cup on Friday in a game held up for 25 minutes late on after a floodlight failure. Matić struck his first goal since January as Luisão made his first appearance since 2 September after his ban.
• Pablo Aimar (thigh, out since 2 October), Maxi Pereira (thigh, 7 November), Carlos Martins (thigh, 3 November) and Salvio (foot, 14 November) were ruled out on Friday while Enzo Peréz and Garay were rested due to knocks.
• Benfica have kept five successive clean sheets and are unbreached in 497 minutes, since Jardel's own goal against FC Spartak Moskva on 23 October.
• Luisinho and André Gomes marked their Liga debuts for Benfica with a goal apiece as the Eagles prevailed 3-0 at Gil Vicente FC on 27 October. The former was the first Portuguese player to score in the league for the Lisbon side since Nuno Gomes in a 5-1 win against FC Paços de Ferreira on 21 March 2011.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• The 3-2 win at FC Spartak Moskva on matchday two was Celtic's first in 21 attempts away from home in the UEFA Champions League. They had lost 19 of the previous 20.
• Fraser Forster has played all 720 minutes of Celtic's campaign, qualifying included. Kelvin Wilson has featured for all 360 minutes in the group stage.
• Ten of the side that started on matchday one were making group stage debuts, with Scott Brown the exception.
• Victor Wanyama's next yellow card will incur a ban.
• Mikael Lustig featured for 73 minutes as Sweden inaugurated the Friends Arena in Solna on 14 November with a 4-2 friendly success against England, for whom Fraser Forster was an unused substitute. On the same night, Giorgos Samaras captained Greece to a 1-0 defeat of the Republic of Ireland.
• Making his fourth appearance, Lassad Nouioui scored his first goal for Celtic in a 2-0 win at Aberdeen FC on Saturday. Charlie Mulgrew was also on target against his former club on what was his 100th game for Celtic.
• Tony Watt, having scored in each of Celtic's previous three games, agreed a new four-year deal on 15 November.
• Emilio Izaguirre has not played since injuring his hamstring in the 2-2 draw at Dundee United FC on 4 November.
• Neil Lennon's team will play Saint Mirren FC in the Scottish League Cup semi-finals at Hampden Park on 27 January.
• Eight points from their opening five fixtures represented Celtic's worst start to a league season since 1998/99.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.