UEFA Champions League statistics
• Matchday four marked coach Paulo Sérgio's first game in the UEFA Champions League.
• CFR's 2-0 victory against Braga on matchday one was only the third time a Romanian side had won away from home in the UEFA Champions League group stage, following FC Steaua Bucureşti (4-1 at FC Dynamo Kyiv in 2006) and CFR (2-1 at AS Roma in 2008).
• Mário Felgueiras, Ivo Pinto, Cadú and Camora have played every minute of CFR's group stage campaign.
• Matías Aguirregaray is available after serving a one-game ban following his red card on matchday three; Rafael Bastos' next booking will incur a suspension.
• Aguirregaray made his Uruguay debut last Wednesday, starting the 3-1 victory over Poland in Gdansk.
• Pantelis Kapetanos missed a 94th-minute penalty on Friday as a CFR side shorn of the suspended Gabriel Mureşan and injured László Sepsi – out since matchday four – lost 2-0 at home to FC Astra Ploieşti.
• Modou Sougou scored the winner in a 2-1 victory at CS Concordia Chiajna on 11 November, his first domestic goal of the season. His previous four strikes had all come in the UEFA Champions League, qualifying included.
• Ioan Andone parted company with the club after matchday three and Paulo Sérgio was unveiled as his successor on 30 October in a deal that runs until the end of the season. Assistant Francisc Dican oversaw two victories out of two as interim boss, including the 2-0 Romanian Cup win at home to FC Botoşani on 31 October. CFR will host FC Dinamo Bucureşti in the quarter-finals at the end of the month.
• CFR claimed their biggest win this term in Paulo Sérgio's first game on 3 November, beating FC Braşov 5-0.
• There are eight Lusophones in CFR's UEFA Champions League squad: six Portuguese and two Brazilians.
• CFR suffered three successive defeats in all competitions in October, their worst sequence since losing four in a row between November 2004 and April 2005.
• Already on loan from US Città di Palermo, Aguirregaray last month signed a four-year contract at CFR.
• Ciprian Deac (knee ligaments), Adam Vass (broken foot), Bakary Sare (broken leg) and Ronny (ligaments) were left out of CFR's UEFA Champions League squad after picking up injuries in the opening month of the season. Deac (3 November) and Vass (16 November) have returned to action.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Braga lost 2-0 to CFR on matchday one despite having 35 shots, 23 on target – more than any other side.
• Beto, Custódio and Éder have played every minute of Braga's group stage campaign.
• Custódio's next yellow card will incur a suspension.
• A club record seven Braga players featured in Portugal's 2-2 friendly draw with Gabon in Libreville last Wednesday: Hélder Barbosa, Custódio, Beto, Rúben Micael, Rúben Amorim, Hugo Viana and Éder. Barbosa made his debut as a 79th-minute replacement for Custódio.
• Elderson (Nigeria 3-1 Venezuela, Miami) and Zé Luís (Cape Verde Islands 0-1 Ghana, Lisbon) were also in action.
• Zé Luís helped the Cape Verde Islands qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time last month.
• Alan converted his third penalty in four matches on Friday as Braga booked a place in the Portuguese Cup fifth round with a 3-1 win at third-tier FC Pampilhosa. Carlão, back from a thigh injury, made his first appearance since 2 September but similar problems ruled out Paulo Vinicius and Paulo César.
• Zé Luis marked his only start for Braga with the opening goal in a 3-1 win at home to former club Gil Vicente FC on 3 November. He scored as a late substitute on Friday.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.