UEFA Champions League statistics
• Chelsea could become the first holders to fall at the group stage of the following season's competition.
• Chelsea have scored 197 goals in the European Cup and conceded 148 in UEFA competition.
• The Blues are eight games unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in the UEFA Champions League, winning seven since their 1-0 defeat by Manchester United FC in the quarter-finals on 6 April 2011.
• This is Rafael Benítez's first UEFA Champions League game since overseeing FC Internazionale Milano's 3-0 defeat at SV Werder Bremen on 7 December 2010. The Italian side had already sealed progress to the last 16.
• Before matchday one, Chelsea had only once previously let slip a two-goal lead in the UEFA Champions League, against AS Monaco FC in the 2004 semi-finals.
• Petr Čech, Branislav Ivanović and David Luiz have played every minute of Chelsea's group stage campaign.
• Ramires and Luiz's next yellow cards will incur a ban.
• Chelsea conceded twice in the last four minutes on Saturday as they lost 3-1 at West Ham United FC, leaving the Blues seven games without a league win – their worst run since a ten-match sequence at the start of 1995. Chelsea's haul of 26 points is their worst Premier League return after 15 games in the Roman Abramovich era.
• Frank Lampard (calf strain, out since 23 October), John Terry (knee, 11 November) have been sidelined, while Daniel Sturridge has been struggling with a pulled hamstring.
• Benítez was appointed on 21 November until the end of the season following Roberto Di Matteo's dismissal. He oversaw 0-0 home draws in his first two games, leaving Chelsea three matches without a win at Stamford Bridge.
• Former Chelsea and Manchester United FC manager Dave Sexton, who led the Blues to triumph in the 1971 European Cup Winners' Cup final, died at the age of 82 on 25 November.
• Chelsea will face either South Korean side Ulsan FC or Mexico's CF Monterrey in the FIFA Club World Cup semi-finals in Yokohama, Japan on 13 December; then either the final or a third-place play-off three days later.
• Chelsea will visit Southampton FC in the FA Cup third round on 5/6 January.
UEFA Champions League statistics
• Nordsjælland have a goal difference of -13, the joint worst in the competition with GNK Dinamo Zagreb. Their tally of 16 goals conceded is more than that of any other side.
• The Danish champions have had 30 shots in the group stage, fewer than any other team.
• Nordsjælland are one of three sides making their debut in the competition proper this season, along with Montpellier Hérault SC and Málaga CF.
• None of the Nordsjælland squad had played in the UEFA Champions League before this term. Jesper Hansen, Jores Okore, Patrick Mtiliga, Michael Parkhurst, Ivan Runje and Nicolai Stokholm have played every minute of Nordsjælland's group stage campaign. Okore will sit out matchday six after tearing a thigh muscle in a 1-0 defeat at Esbjerg fB on 25 November.
• Mtiliga and Runje will incur a suspension with their next bookings.
• The Danish champions have lost six of their 12 away games in all competitions this season, winning five.
• After Sunday's 3-0 win against Brøndby IF, Nordsjælland have been defeated twice in their last 20 home games in regulation time – the Group E defeats by Chelsea and FC Shakhtar Donetsk.
• Nordsjælland dominated last month's end-of-year awards in Denmark. Kasper Hjulmand was named coach of the year, Stokholm the best in the Super League and Okore the most impressive newcomer.
• Hjulmand's team succumbed 3-0 at Odense BK on 5 October, their worst league defeat since going down 4-0 at Randers FC on 6 March 2011.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.