Montpellier Hérault SC's first point in the UEFA Champions League has put them in good heart for the visit of Olympiacos FC on matchday three.
• Souleymane Camara scored a 90th-minute equaliser to earn the French title holders a 2-2 draw at FC Schalke 04 on matchday two to get their Group B campaign off the ground after the opening 2-1 home loss to Arsenal FC. Olympiacos went down 3-1 at Arsenal last time out having begun the competition with a 2-1 home defeat by Schalke.
• This is the first time Montpellier have faced Greek opposition in a competitive fixture.
• After three successive 2-1 defeats on French soil, Olympiacos tasted success on their last visit to the country, winning 1-0 at Olympique de Marseille in last season's group stage. Giannis Fetfatzidis scored the only goal.
• Olympiacos had lost 1-0 at home to Marseille, and their victory in the reverse fixture halted a run of seven successive defeats, home and away, against French teams.
• The Piraeus club have lost eight out of 12 games in the country and recorded three victories. They have scored once in each of their last seven visits.
• Olympiacos are in their 14th participation in the UEFA Champions League, and reached the round of 16 in 2007/08 and 2009/10. Last season's win at Marseille followed away defeats at Arsenal (1-2) and Borussia Dortmund (0-1) as the Greek champions finished third in Group F.
• Djamel Abdoun played once under René Girard for France's Under-21 team, scoring the opening goal in a friendly against Germany in June 2007 as the French won 4-1.
• François Modesto started his professional career at SC Bastia in 1997/98, the first of his two seasons with the club, and later spent six years at AS Monaco FC (2004-10) before joining Olympiacos. He was a team-mate of Camara at Monaco between 2004 and 2006. Pablo Contreras had two years with Monaco between 1999 and 2001.
• Paulo Machado had four years in Ligue 1 starting in 2008, when he was on loan at AS Saint-Étienne from FC Porto. In 2009 he signed for Toulouse FC, from whom he joined Olympiacos this summer.
• Rafik Djebbour began his career in the youth ranks of AJ Auxerre in 1998, staying in Burgundy until 2004.
• Abdoun played for AC Ajaccio, CS Sedan-Ardennes and FC Nantes in a six-year period from 2004. Marko Pantelić had one season with Paris Saint-Germain FC (1997/98) but made only three substitute appearances in Ligue 1.
• Romain Pitau faced Olympiacos while with FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in the 2004/05 UEFA Cup round of 32, playing all 180 minutes of the tie as the Piraeus outfit won both legs 1-0.
• Contreras and Marco Estrada are team-mates in the Chilean national team.
FARE Action Week
• Matchday three of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League will contribute to the fight against all forms of discrimination in football stadiums as UEFA gives its full support to Europe's biggest anti-discrimination campaign – the FARE Action Week. Forty matches across the competitions on 23, 24 and 25 October will restate UEFA's commitment to ensuring that European football is free of racism, intolerance and xenophobia.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.