Hannover 96 will need to summon up all of their strength if they are to overcome a 3-1 deficit against Guus Hiddink's FC Anji Makhachkala in their UEFA Europa League round of 32 decider.
Szabolcs Huszti (22) gave Hannover a surprise first-leg lead, but Samuel Eto'o restored parity (34), laying the foundation for second-half strikes from Odil Ahmedov (48) and Mbark Boussoufa (64) either side of Eto'o's missed penalty.
• The sides had never met before the first leg, which was Anji's first tie against German opponents and Hannover's first encounter with a Russian club.
• Hannover have lost just once in 13 UEFA home games (W9 D3 L1), going down 2-1 to eventual winners Club Atlético de Madrid in last season's quarter-finals.
• Anji failed to win in their last three European away games – a draw followed by two defeats.
• Group A runners-up Anji have made it through to the spring phase of a major European competition in what is only their second season in UEFA club competition.
• Group L winners Hannover are competing at this phase for the second time in as many seasons. In 2011/12, they bowed out to eventual winners Club Atlético de Madrid in the quarter-finals.
• Hannover's Hungarian winger Huszti has played in Russia, moving to Germany in July following a three-year spell at FC Zenit St Petersburg, during which he won two league titles.
• Hannover coach Mirko Slomka played for the club and coached their youth sides before taking charge of the first team in January 2010. He previously enjoyed success in the 2005/06 UEFA Cup, leading Schalke from the round of 32 to the semi-finals after succeeding Ralf Rangnick.
• Anji coach Guus Hiddink achieved little of note as a midfielder, but as a coach has racked up six league titles and five domestic cups with his various clubs. The Dutchman has also led the Netherlands, South Korea, Australia, Russia and Turkey at international level and won the 1987/88 European Champion Clubs' Cup with PSV Eindhoven. He took charge of Anji in February 2012.
Round of 16: Anji/Hannover v Newcastle United FC/FC Metalist Kharkiv
• The first legs will be played on 7 March, with the returns the following Thursday.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.