Clubs: CS Marítimo, FC Porto, Real Madrid CF
• Képler Laverán Lima Ferreira left Brazil for the island of Madeira as an 18-year-old, joining Portuguese top-flight club Marítimo, with whom he was a popular figure until transferring to Porto in 2004 − a year after a move to Sporting Clube de Portugal fell through.
• A difficult first season with the Dragons was followed by two title-winning campaigns − he scored a career-best four league goals during the latter − in which he became the team's defensive linchpin.
• Endured an injury-blighted start to his Madrid career after a €30m transfer in July 2007, but returned to help the Merengues to a crucial 1-0 win at FC Barcelona and featured prominently in the closing weeks of the title-winning campaign.
• His 2008/09 season ended prematurely when he received a ten-match ban following an altercation with Javier Casquero and Juan Ángel Albín in a 3-2 home win against Getafe CF.
• Made his international debut in Portugal's last UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier − 0-0 against Finland − and impressed sufficiently at the finals in Austria/Switzerland to be included in the Team of the Tournament. Returned from a long-term knee injury before the 2010 FIFA World Cup, where he made two outings, but was more involved at UEFA EURO 2012 as Portugal reached the semi-finals.
• Made 11 appearances in Madrid's triumphant 2013/14 UEFA Champions League campaign, but was an unused substitute during the Lisbon final victory against Club Atlético de Madrid.
UEFA EURO 2008: Team of the Tournament
UEFA EURO 2012: Team of the Tournament
UEFA Champions League: winner 2014
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
European/South American Cup: winner 2004
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.