Clubs: Galo Maringá FC, União Bandeirante FC, Iraty SC, AD São Caetano, FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Olympique de Marseille
• Born in Sao Paulo, Brandão (real name Evaeverson Lemos da Silva) started his career in the Brazilian lower leagues, hopping from club to club before leaving São Caetano in 2002 to start a new career in Europe with Shakhtar.
• Started off on the bench with the Ukrainian giants before working his way into the starting XI and top scoring for the club with 12 goals in the 2004/05 Premier League, which Shakhtar won; also struck his first UEFA Champions League group stage goal that season in a 3-0 win at home to Celtic FC.
• Spent six and a half seasons in Donetsk, winning the Ukrainian championship three times and the domestic cup twice; amassed 65 goals in 139 league games – including 15 in 2005/06, making him the top flight's joint leading marksman − and nine in 38 UEFA Champions League appearances.
• Left what was a large Brazilian contingent at Shakhtar for Marseille midway through the 2008/09 campaign, which would bring UEFA Cup glory for the Ukrainian club; scored seven times for OM in his first half-season.
• Struck eight goals in Ligue 1 during the 2009/10 title-winning campaign and was also triumphant in the French League Cup, his two goals away to Toulouse – the second in extra time − putting OM into the final, which they won 3-1 against FC Girondins de Bordeaux; scored the winner at home to Chelsea FC on Matchday 6 of the 2010/11 UEFA Champions League group stage.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.