Clubs: Real Madrid CF, AD Alcorcón (loan), Villarreal CF
• Diego López joined Madrid in 2000 and started out in their C team, performing regularly in 2000/01 and 2002/03, with a loan spell at Liga 2B side Alcorcón in between.
• Moved up to the B side in 2004/05 followed by promotion to the first team the following season as deputy to Iker Casillas.
• Made just two Liga appearances for Madrid – plus two in Europe and seven in the Copa del Rey – before joining Villarreal in search of first-team football in June 2007.
• Ousted Sebastián Viera as Villarreal's first-choice during his debut campaign and was a Liga ever-present in both 2008/09 and 2009/10, during which he established a reputation as one of Spain's top goalkeepers, featuring in La Roja's 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup squad and making his international debut as a substitute a few months later in a friendly against the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
• Made nine UEFA Champions League appearances as the Yellow Submarine reached the quarter-finals in 2008/09, avoiding defeat in the first eight matches; prominent again in Villarreal's extended 2010/11 UEFA Europa League run.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.