Clubs: SE Palmeiras, PFC CSKA Moskva, SE Palmeiras (loan), CR Flamengo (loan)
UEFA Cup: winner 2005
• Born in Rio de Janeiro, Vágner Love made a bright start to his professional career with Palmeiras, helping the club return to Brazil's Série A with 19 goals in the 2003 season.
• Scored eight goals in 11 top-flight games for Palmeiras before moving to Russia to join CSKA in an €8m move; proved an immediate hit, scoring in each of his first two European encounters to help CSKA reach the UEFA Champions League group stage and striking nine goals in 12 Russian Premier-Liga matches
• Won the UEFA Cup in 2005, scoring four goals, the last of them in the final against Sporting Clube de Portugal in Lisbon (3-1); also spearheaded CSKA to domestic doubles in 2005 and 2006.
• Won his first cap for Brazil at the 2004 Copa América before establishing himself in the team in 2007, when he won his second continental title.
• Finished top scorer in the 2008 Premier-Liga (with 20 goals) and the 2008/09 UEFA Cup (11 goals); moved back to Brazil in August 2009 for personal reasons but returned to CSKA a year later and struck nine goals in 15 league games as the Army Men finished runners-up to FC Zenit St Petersburg.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.