Clubs: FC Porto, CF Estrela da Amadora (loan), UD Leiria (loan), Leixões SC (loan), AS Saint-Étienne (loan), Toulouse FC, Olympiacos FC
• Joined Porto as a schoolboy and made his senior debut, under coach José Mourinho, in the 2003/04 season.
• Helped Portugal win the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, on home soil, in 2003, defeating Spain 2-1 in the final; also played at 2007 U21 European finals in the Netherlands.
• Tied himself contractually to Porto in summer 2005 but spent the next three seasons elsewhere gaining Portuguese top-flight experience, with loan spells at CF Estrela da Amadora, UD Leiria and Leixões SC.
• Still unable to command a place at Porto, he spent the 2008/09 season on loan to French club AS Saint-Étienne and made such a strong impact in Ligue 1, making 35 appearances and scoring three goals, that he was subsequently signed permanently by Toulouse.
• Made 65 Ligue 1 appearances in first two seasons at Toulouse, scoring nine goals, and earning promotion to the Portuguese national team, for whom he made four substitute appearances in friendlies during the 2010/11 season; scored in each of Toulouse's first two league games in 2011/12.
• Helped Toulouse to eighth in his final season in France before moving to Greece with champions Olympiacos. Played all six UEFA Champions League group stage games for his new club, scoring once, and lifted a domestic league and cup double in his first season.
UEFA European Under-17 Championship: winner 2003
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.