Clubs: AFC Ajax, Valencia CF
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: winner 2007
• A versatile Dutch footballer of Caribbean parentage, Maduro graduated from Ajax's famous academy and was voted the club's brightest emerging talent in 2003/04.
• Made his club debut on 24 February 2005 in a UEFA Cup tie away to AJ Auxerre (1-3) and won his first senior cap for the Netherlands less than a month later – on 26 March in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Romania (2-0); went to Germany the following year as member of the Dutch World Cup squad.
• Helped Ajax to a Dutch Cup win in 2006 but missed the following year's final triumph over AZ Alkmaar through injury; left Amsterdam for Valencia in January 2008 for €3m after scoring nine goals in 70 Eredivisie encounters.
• Captained hosts the Netherlands at the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup and became a European Under-21 champion, again on home soil, two years later when he scored once in four outings at the finals.
• Made irregular appearances for Valencia during 2008/09 and 2009/10 but scored the winner – against Real Racing Club – in first home game of the 2010/11 Liga season and returned to the Dutch squad for their opening UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier against San Marino (5-0), making his first competitive start for the Oranje in almost five years.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.