Clubs: KS Częstochowa, Wisła Kraków, Borussia Dortmund
• The nephew of Polish international midfielder Jerzy Brzęczek, Błaszczykowski joined Wisła from home-town team KS Częstochowa in January 2005 and made an immediate impact by helping the club to the Polish title, making 11 appearances and scoring one goal.
• Had earned just one cap for Poland – against Saudi Arabia on 28 March 2006 – before being selected for the opening UEFA EURO 2008 qualifier at home to Finland; went on to make 11 qualifying appearances but missed the finals through injury.
• Eight UEFA Cup outings for Wisła in 2006/07 preceded the signing of a four-year contract with Dortmund, whom he joined in July 2007.
• Was a regular for Dortmund in the first half of his debut season but missed most of the spring due to muscular problems; returned for the German Cup final against FC Bayern München but was sent off in extra time as Dortmund lost 2-1.
• Nicknamed 'Kuba' by his club's fans (the back of his shirt bears that name), he struggled for fitness at times during Dortmund's triumphant 2010/11 season but responded with six league goals the following campaign as the Schwarzgelben retained the Bundesliga title.
• Captained co-hosts Poland at UEFA EURO 2012, scoring in the second group match against Russia. Registered a career-best 11 league goals in 2012/13.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.