Clubs: Le Havre AC, Olympique de Marseille
• Born in DR Congo, Mandanda began his career at Le Havre AC, for whom he made his first-team debut, at Ligue 2 level, in August 2005.
• Enjoyed two promising seasons at Le Havre, where he became France's Under-21 goalkeeper, appearing in all four matches at the 2006 UEFA European U21 Championship in Portugal; had a trial at Aston Villa FC before joining Marseille on loan.
• Expected to provide back-up to Cédric Carrasso at OM but serious injury to the latter enabled him to become the club's No1; seized the opportunity, keeping clean sheets in his first two UEFA Champions League appearances, the second of them against Liverpool FC at Anfield.
• Played for the France B team in February 2008 against the land of his birth but did not make his full debut until 27 May, the day before the UEFA EURO 2008 squad announcement.
• Won the French League Cup and Ligue 1 double in 2009/10, making 36 starts (out of 38) in the latter and all ten in Europe; ever-present again in the 2010/11 and 2011/12 UEFA Champions League group stage.
• In April 2012 he helped OM lift the French League Cup for the third successive season, before playing every minute of OM's league campaign in 2012/13 as they finished second in Ligue 1.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.