Date of birth: 3 January 1963
Playing career: CF Gloria 1922 Bistriţa, FC Steaua Bucureşti, Real Burgos CF
Coaching career: Romania (assistant), FC Bihor Oradea, FC Sportul Studenţesc Bucureşti, Galatasaray AŞ (assistant), FC Sheriff, FC Politehnica Timişoara (assistant), FC Timişoara, Moldova
• A striker, Balint arrived at Steaua aged 17 and spent over ten years at the club. He won five national titles, three Romanian Cups and the 1986 European Champion Clubs' Cup, where he was one of only two players to convert his penalty in the final shoot-out against FC Barcelona.
• Struck 14 goals in 34 games for Romania, then had first taste of coaching as an assistant for four years to Anghel Iordănescu in the national set-up, a role he would perform on two more occasions.
• After a short spell as assistant at Galatasaray, returned for another stint with the national team, working alongside Gheorghe Hagi. Both stepped down after failure to qualify for the 2002 FIFA World Cup ended Balint's run of four successive major tournaments as player or coach.
• Head coach at Bihor and Sportul Studenţesc in between stints with Romania. Joined Sheriff for 2002/03, winning title and Commonwealth Cup before returning to Sportul Studenţesc and gaining promotion. Rejoined Hagi at Politehnica Timişoara before taking a break from the game, returning at Timişoara in 2009.
• Appointed by Moldova in January 2010.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.