This content is streamed in such a way that it is protected and available only in a Flash format. Your device seems not to be compatible with our Flash video player.
Date of birth: 27 June 1957
Playing career: Ljusdals IF, Stockviks FF
Coaching career: Njurunda IK, IFK Sundsvall, Bro IK, Enköpings SK, Väsby IK, IF Brommapojkarna, Vasalunds IF, Degerfors IF, AIK Solna, Örgryte IS, Aalborg BK, Rosenborg BK, Sweden
• Played the game only until his late teens. Began coaching at junior level before taking on his first senior posts with Swedish second-tier clubs Väsby, Brommapojkarna and Vasalund.
• Joined Allsvenskan outfit Degerfors in 1994 and moved on a year later to AIK. Guided Stockholm club to three successive Swedish Cup finals, losing the first one, in 1995, and winning the next two.
• Won cup for a third time in 2000 with his next club Örgryte after two-legged final victory against AIK. Remained for six seasons before moving abroad in January 2004 to coach Danish club AaB.
• Led AaB to 2007/08 Danish Superliga title – only the third championship in club's history – but announced mid-season he would be leaving at the end of the campaign for Rosenborg.
• Masterminded runaway Tippeligaen title success for Rosenborg in his first full season. Replaced long-serving Sweden coach Lars Lagerbäck in November 2009, remaining with Rosenborg until the start of UEFA EURO 2012 qualification in September 2010. Proved an immediate success in his new role, guiding Sweden to the finals thanks to a defeat of the Netherlands on the last day of qualifying.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.