Fenerbahçe SK's famously passionate home support will have some work to do as the Yellow Canaries welcome LOSC Lille Métropole to Istanbul, with the French side 2-1 up from their UEFA Europa League round of 32 opener.
• Florent Balmont put Lille ahead just three minutes into their encounter last week, and while Gökçek Vederson levelled two minutes later, Pierre-Alain Frau scored the winner early in the second half (52).
• The first leg was Lille's first game against opponents from Turkey, but Fenerbahçe have taken on French teams on 14 occasions, leaving them with the record W3 D1 L10 (W2 D1 L3 at home).
• Lille made it through the UEFA Cup round of 32 in 2004/05 and 2005/06, beating FC Basel 1893 and FC Shakhtar Donetsk respectively, but fell at the next hurdle on both occasions, losing to AJ Auxerre and Sevilla FC.
• Having kicked off the season with three straight European away wins, culminating in a 5-1 mauling of SK Slavia Praha, Lille have lost their last two games on their travels, conceding three goals in each.
• Fenerbahçe made it to last 32 of the UEFA Cup twice, but were eliminated on both occasions, by Real Zaragoza in 2004/05 and AZ Alkmaar in 2006/07.
• Fenerbahçe's five home games in Europe this season have ended in three wins, a draw and a 2-1 group-stage defeat by FC Twente.
• Fenerbahçe coach Christoph Daum has now taken on French opponents in five games as a coach, with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and his current club, and has yet to win, recording a draw and four defeats.
• Prior to the first leg, Mickäel Landreau had played four previous games against Turkish sides. With FC Nantes, he took on Galatasaray AŞ in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League group stage, losing 1-0 at home and drawing 0-0 in Istanbul.
• Landreau also played in both legs as Paris Saint-Germain FC beat Kayserispor in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup first round, winning 2-1 in Turkey and drawing 0-0 at home. Fenerbahçe midfielder Mehmet Topuz played for Kayserispor in the first of those ties.
• Eden Hazard came on as a substitute at Belgium's 2-0 win against Turkey in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier last October.
• Deivid has experience of Ligue 1 football, having represented FC Girondins de Bordeaux in the 2003/04 season. Lille's Rio Mavuba was also playing at the Stade Chaban-Delmas at that time.
• Uğur Boral will miss the rest of Fenerbahçe's season after damaging cruciate ligaments earlier this month.
• The winners of this tie face the victors of the contest between Liverpool FC and FC Unirea Urziceni in the round of 16 on 11 and 18 March, playing the first leg at home.
• Fenerbahçe's only European penalty shoot-out saw them prevail 3-2 at Sevilla FC after trading 3-2 home wins in a 2007/08 UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie.
• Lille have never been involved in a UEFA club competition shoot-out.
Suspended: Florent Balmont, Yohan Cabaye
Misses next match if booked: Ludovic Obraniak
Players added to squad: none
Players removed from squad: Emil Lyng, Róbert Vittek, Sammy Ndjock
Suspended: André Santos
Misses next match if booked: Emre Belözoğlu, Lugano
Players added to squad: Gökay İravul, Okan Alkan, Enis Gül
Players removed from squad: Roberto Carlos, Kazım Kazım, Yasin Gurbet, Alper Piliç
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.