Clubs: FC Bayern München
• A native of southern Bavaria, Müller registered his first goal for Bayern on his UEFA Champions League debut in March 2009, concluding the scoring in a 7-1 home win against Sporting Clube de Portugal.
• Scored his first two Bundesliga goals, as a substitute, in a 5-1 win at Borussia Dortmund on 12 September 2009; earned a regular starting place in Louis van Gaal's team thereafter.
• Played in the 2010 UEFA Champions League final loss to FC Internazionale Milano but still ended the club season a double winner following Bundesliga and German Cup triumphs.
• Having made his Germany debut in a March 2010 friendly against Argentina, he was a revelation at the World Cup in South Africa, where he scooped the top scorers' accolade (five goals and three assists) and the Young Player of the Tournament prize.
• Opened the scoring after 83 minutes of the 2012 UEFA Champions League final on home soil against Chelsea FC but was substituted soon after and had to watch from the bench as Bayern conceded a late equaliser and then lost on penalties.
• Converted a penalty in the 2013 German Cup final against VfB Stuttgart as Bayern completed an unprecedented treble. Müller also scored eight times, including three goals versus semi-final opponents FC Barcelona, in the club's triumphant UEFA Champions League campaign, and 13 in the Bundesliga.
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2010, 2012; winner 2013
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.