Clubs: FC Rotor Volgograd, PFC CSKA Moskva
UEFA Cup: winner 2005
• Born in the Black Sea holiday resort of Alupka − which is now part of Ukraine − Aldonin started out with Volgograd, spending two years with the reserves before featuring regularly for the first team in the Premier-Liga.
• Scored six goals in 99 top-flight appearances for Rotor and earned his first international cap in August 2002 as part of a new-look Russia team following the disappointing showing at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
• Moved to CSKA for the 2004 season, during which he made his major tournament bow for Russia at the UEFA European Championship in Portugal, starting their opening two matches; not selected for UEFA EURO 2008 or 2010 World Cup qualifying.
• A key contributor to CSKA's 2004/05 UEFA Cup win, scoring one goal in eight appearances and starring in the final.
• Premier-Liga winner with CSKA in 2005 and 2006; four times a Russian Cup winner, he started all four finals and scored a stoppage-time winner in the 2009 showpiece against FC Rubin Kazan (1-0).
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.