Clubs: FC Torpedo-ZIL Moscow, PFC CSKA Moskva
UEFA Cup: winner 2005
• Together with identical twin Aleksei, Vasili began with Torpedo-ZIL Moskva; after a season away from his brother they were reunited in 2002 at CSKA, where, largely due to injury troubles, he was initially considered the lesser prospect of the two.
• Won the 2003 Premier-Liga title – the first of several domestic trophies with his club − and made his international debut in June of that year, four months after Aleksei.
• Enjoyed an annus mirabilis in 2005 when he helped CSKA to the treble of Russian Cup, Premier-Liga and UEFA Cup − scored twice en route to the European triumph, against SL Benfica and semi-final opponents Parma FC, and appeared in all nine games.
• A regular in Russia's 2006 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2008 qualifying campaigns, but was largely a substitute at the European finals; scored his first international goal, beating his brother to the landmark, in September 2007 against the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
• The only CSKA outfield player on the field for every minute of the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group phase; scored a header in a pulsating 3-3 draw against Manchester United FC at Old Trafford.
• A Russian Cup winner with CSKA in 2011, he ended the year by scoring an 86th-minute header on matchday six against FC Internazionale Milano at San Siro which propelled the Army Men from the bottom of UEFA Champions League Group B into the knockout phase.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.