Clubs: FK Chmel Blšany, AC Sparta Praha, Stade Rennais FC, Chelsea FC
• A major prospect in his youth, Čech became a European champion at Under-21 level with the Czech Republic in 2002 when he saved two penalties in the final shoot-out against France in Basel.
• Had a relatively discreet early club career – at Chmel Blšany, Sparta and Rennes – until he was recruited by Chelsea in 2004, since when he has earned a succession of team and personal honours.
• Named in the All-Star Squad at UEFA EURO 2004 after conceding four goals in four games as the Czech Republic reached the semi-finals; ever-present at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and UEFA EURO 2008, where he made a costly error in the final group game against Turkey.
• Fractured his skull in a Premier League game against Reading FC in October 2006; returned to action three months later and has been obliged to wear a rugby-style headguard for the rest of his career.
• A UEFA Champions League runner-up to Manchester United FC in 2008, despite saving a penalty in the final shoot-out from Cristiano Ronaldo, he has won the FA Cup on three occasions.
• A multiple winner of the UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year award, Čech helped Chelsea to Premier League title triumphs in 2004/05, 2005/06 and 2009/10.
• Ever-present in Chelsea's run to the 2012 UEFA Champions League final, Čech excelled in the showpiece against FC Bayern München, saving an extra-time penalty from Arjen Robben and then denying Ivica Olić and Bastian Schweinsteiger in the shoot-out to help the Blues win the competition for the first time.
• Played all 810 minutes – nine matches – of Chelsea's triumphant UEFA Europa League campaign, the Blues having transferred to the competition from the UEFA Champions League in spring 2013.
UEFA EURO 2004: All-Star Squad
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2008; winner 2012
UEFA Europa League: winner 2013
UEFA European Under-21 Championship: winner 2002
UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2008
UEFA.com users' Team of the Year: 2005
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.