Clubs: FK Partizan, ACF Fiorentina, Manchester City FC
• Born in the Montenegrin capital of Podgorica (then Titograd), he was scouted early by Belgrade club FK Partizan and made league debut for them on 8 April 2006, aged 16.
• Scored 12 goals in 27 league games for Partizan – 11 of them before Christmas − as team won 2007/08 Serbian league and cup double; named as club captain by new coach Slaviša Jokanović in January 2008.
• A substitute for Montenegro in country's maiden international, against Hungary in March 2007, he scored his first international goals against same opposition in Budapest in August 2008 (3-3).
• Joined Fiorentina in May 2008 for €8m; started only half of Viola's Serie A games in 2008/09, scoring twice, and only two substitute appearances in UEFA Champions League, but was voted Montenegro's footballer of the year at the end of 2009.
• Scored key goal against Sporting Clube de Portugal in 2009/10 UEFA Champions League play-off round and both goals in 2-0 home victory over Liverpool FC but missed four subsequent group games with toe injury.
• Missed the 2010/11 season with a cruciate ligament injury, but proved his goalscoring prowess the following year, hitting 14 Serie A goals. Another 13 followed the next campaign before a move to Manchester City FC in the summer of 2013.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.