Clubs: AS Saint-Étienne, Troyes AC (loan), Olympique Lyonnais
• Joined St Etienne as a boy and won promotion to Ligue 1 in his first season (2003/04) only to be consigned to the substitutes' bench thereafter and offloaded to Troyes on a six-month loan the following campaign; also helped Troyes to promotion before returning to St Etienne.
• Mostly a substitute for Les Verts in 2005/06, his prospects were not helped by the mid-season signing of Portuguese international Hélder Postiga, but found form in the spring of 2007 with eight goals in 11 games, reaching ten for the season.
• Continued his improvement in 2007/08 with a 16-goal Ligue 1 tally which helped lift Les Verts into fifth place and bring European football to the club – in the UEFA Cup - for the first time in 26 years.
• Became the first player to score two goals on their international debut for Les Bleus since Zinédine Zidane, when he achieved the feat in a pre-UEFA EURO 2008 friendly with Ecuador; edged out the more experienced Djibril Cissé for a place in the finals squad, appearing twice as a substitute in Austria/Switzerland.
• Scored four goals in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup and nine in Ligue 1 during his final season at St Étienne before a €13m summer switch to Lyon, with whom he signed a five-year contract.
• Registered in both UEFA Champions League group games against Debreceni VSC en route to the semi-finals, and hit the winner on his return to St Étienne (1-0) – one of ten league goals in his first season for Les Gones.
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.