Clubs: CR Flamengo, AC Chievo Verona, FC Internazionale Milano
UEFA Champions League: winner 2010
UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year: 2010
• Born in Duque de Caxias, close to Rio de Janeiro, César spent six years with Flamengo, winning several regional trophies including four Rio state championships.
• Starred in Brazil's victorious team at the 2004 Copa América, playing all six matches and saving Argentina's first penalty in the final shoot-out.
• Joined Inter in 2005 after an uneventful six-month loan at Chievo, and soon replaced Francesco Toldo in Roberto Mancini's team; made 29 starts as the Nerazzurri were awarded the Scudetto after Juventus were demoted to Serie B.
• Increased his activity, and profile, over the next three seasons as Inter won the Serie A title on each occasion.
• An unused squad member for Brazil at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, he featured in the Seleção's 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup triumph and played every minute of 2010 World Cup qualifying, conceding 11 goals in 18 matches.
• Ever-present during Inter's triumphant UEFA Champions League campaign, which culminated with victory against FC Bayern München in the Madrid showpiece, he also won another Serie A title and his second Coppa Italia in 2009/10.
• Conceded four goals in five games as Brazil reached the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.