Clubs: Real Madrid CF, CD Leganés (loan), RCD Espanyol (loan), RCD Mallorca, FC Barcelona, FC Internazionale Milano
UEFA Champions League: winner 2006, 2009, 2010
UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2006
UEFA.com users' Team of the Year: 2005, 2006
• Recruited by Madrid as a teenager but failed to make first-team grade and had loan spells at Leganés, Espanyol and Mallorca.
• Joined Mallorca permanently in 2000; the same year in which he won Africa Cup of Nations and Olympic gold medal with Cameroon, retaining continental title in 2002.
• Proved prolific scorer with Mallorca, scoring a record 54 league goals, plus two memorable strikes in the 2003 Copa del Rey final against RC Recreativo de Huelva (3-0), giving the island club their first major trophy.
• Joined Barcelona in 2004 and spent five successful years with the Catalan club, scoring 108 goals in 145 league games and 18 in 40 UEFA Champions League matches, including one apiece in 2006 final against Arsenal FC (2-1) and 2009 showpiece versus Manchester United FC (2-0), making him only the second player to score in two finals after Raúl González.
• Liga top scorer in 2005/06 and rattled in 36 goals (30 in Liga, six in UEFA Champions League) in 2008/09 treble-winning campaign.
• Voted African Footballer of the Year three years running (2003-05) and again in 2010.
• Having joined Inter in a swap deal which involved Zlatan Ibrahimović and €46m going the other way, he interrupted his first season in Italy with another appearance at the Africa Cup of Nations in January 2010, captaining Cameroon in Angola, and was also involved at that summer's FIFA World Cup finals.
• Achieved the unique feat of winning the treble in successive seasons as Inter triumphed in Serie A, the Coppa Italia and UEFA Champions League in 2009/10.
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.