One of the revelations of the 2009/10 Spanish league season, Diego Perotti emerged from the shadows to become a fixture on the left wing of a Sevilla FC team that qualified for the first knockout round of the UEFA Champions League as group winners. The young Argentinian has exceptional pace and technique and crosses the ball with precision.
• Played youth football with CA Boca Juniors before starting out as a professional with Club Deportivo Morón in 2006.
• Joined Sevilla in 2007 for €200,000; played second-tier football for the club's nursery side, Sevilla Atlético, for 18 months before breaking into the senior team, making his Liga debut on 15 February 2009 in 2-0 win at RCD Espanyol.
• Struck his first top-flight goal in the penultimate game of 2008/09 – a 1-0 home win against RC Deportivo La Coruña which confirmed Sevilla's UEFA Champions League qualification.
• On target in Sevilla's first two home games of 2009/10, he replaced Diego Capel as first-choice left winger in the Liga but made only four substitute appearances in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
• An Argentine Under-21 international, he was handed his first senior cap by Diego Maradona in a November 2009 friendly against Spain in Madrid, coming on as a late substitute for Lionel Messi in 2-1 defeat.
Did you know?
Perotti's father, Hugo, played alongside Maradona at Boca Juniors.
©UEFA.com 1998-2013. All rights reserved.