Clubs: FC Barcelona
• A FIFA U-20 World Cup winner with Spain in 1999 and silver medallist at the 2000 Olympic Games, Xavi made his full national team debut in the same game as club-mate Carles Puyol on 15 November 2000 against the Netherlands.
• A fringe player at the 2002 FIFA World Cup and an unused squad member at UEFA EURO 2004, he was first choice at the 2006 World Cup after returning from a six-month injury lay-off and Spain's star performer in their UEFA EURO 2008 triumph.
• Spanish champion in 2004/05 and again the following season but played only the first four matches of Barcelona's victorious 2005/06 UEFA Champions League campaign due to knee ligament damage sustained in November.
• His tenth UEFA Champions League campaign, in 2008/09, brought victory and the man of the match award in the final against Manchester United FC; also triumphant in the Liga, Copa del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.
• Voted into the tournament's All-Star Team in Spain's World Cup success in South Africa; overtook Migueli at the top of Barça's all-time appearance list the following January, a 1-1 draw with Athletic Club his 550th outing, and he claimed his sixth Liga title four months later.
• Earned his 100th cap for Spain on 25 March 2011 during a UEFA European Championship qualifier against the Czech Republic in Granada. Xavi received a commemorative cap and medal from UEFA to mark that milestone on 10 November 2011 at a ceremony in Madrid hosted by the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF).
• "Many thanks to UEFA for the award, it's a beautiful acknowledgement and fills one with joy," he said. "I've been with the team for many years now and when you look back there are fantastic memories."
• Imperious in the 2011 UEFA Champions League final at Wembley as Barcelona defeated Manchester United in the showpiece for the second time in three seasons; gave the best goalscoring return of his career in 2011/12 with ten Liga goals, two in the Copa del Rey – which Barcelona won – and one in the 4-0 FIFA Club World Cup final success against Santos FC.
• Voted into the Team of the Tournament as Spain retained their European title by beating Italy 4-0 in the UEFA EURO 2012 final.
UEFA European Championship: winner 2008, 2012
UEFA EURO 2008: Player of the Tournament, Team of the Tournament
UEFA EURO 2012: Team of the Tournament
UEFA Champions League: winner 2006, 2009, 2011
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2009, 2011
UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year: 2009
UEFA.com users' Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.