Clubs: FC Barcelona
• The son of former Barcelona goalkeeper Carles Busquets, Sergio started playing youth football for Barça in 2005 before graduating in 2007/08 to the club's B team, where he was coached by Guardiola.
• Made a goalscoring debut in the UEFA Champions League – a 5-0 win at FC Basel 1893 on 22 October 2008 − and went on to make eight appearances in the competition that season, including a 90-minute outing in the final against Manchester United FC in Rome.
• Received his first cap for Spain on 1 April 2009 against Turkey, six months after his Under-21 debut; appeared for all but 30 minutes of La Roja's 2010 FIFA World Cup success in South Africa.
• A Spanish title winner in 2009/10, he was part of the team which completed a Liga/UEFA Champions League double in May 2011 by defeating Manchester United 3-1 in the European Cup showpiece at Wembley.
• Appeared in two cup finals in 2011/12, the FIFA Club World Cup and Copa del Rey, both of which Barcelona won; named in the Team of the Tournament as Spain won UEFA EURO 2012 and retained their European title.
UEFA European Championship: winner 2012
UEFA EURO 2012: Team of the Tournament
UEFA Champions League: winner 2009, 2011
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2009, 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.