Clubs: FC Barcelona
• Left his home town of Tenerife to join the Barcelona academy in 2004, starting his career in the club's youth system before graduating to the B team coached by Guardiola and winning promotion to the second division in 2007/08.
• Made a handful of first-team appearances in Barça's treble-winning 2008/09 campaign, including a late cameo in the UEFA Champions League final; scored his first senior goal for Barça in a Spanish Super Cup victory at Athletic Club and his second was the winner in the 2009 UEFA Super Cup against FC Shakhtar Donetsk.
• Ended 2009 in style by scoring an 89th-minute equaliser in the FIFA Club World Cup final against Club Estudiantes LP, which Barça went on to win 2-1; also struck in the semi-final defeat of Mexico's Atlante FC and in doing so became the first player to register in six different club competitions in the same season.
• Made his international debut on 29 May 2010 in Spain's 3-2 triumph over Saudi Arabia in a pre-FIFA World Cup friendly; scored his first goal for La Roja soon after in the 6-0 friendly rout of Poland, and featured five times as Spain became world champions in South Africa.
• Won a Liga and UEFA Champions League double in 2010/11 − opening the scoring in the final at Wembley against Manchester United FC − and struck twice in the 2012 Copa del Rey showpiece versus Athletic, Guardiola's final match in charge of the Blaugrana.
• Made three substitute appearances in Poland and Ukraine as Spain won UEFA EURO 2012 and retained their European crown.
UEFA European Championship: winner 2012
UEFA Champions League: winner 2009, 2011
UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011
©UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.